In a spirit of excellence, integrity, and dedication, the Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear, and complete information and support to District departments, residents, and key stakeholders.
The Finance Department is under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance.
The department is responsible for:
- Development of a balanced, fiscally responsible annual budget
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Financial analysis
- Fixed asset records maintenance
- Internal accounting controls and compliance
- Cash flow and investments
- Financing and debt service of District projects
- Accounts payable processing
- Payroll processing
- Excise Tax collection
- Monthly billing and collection for all water and waste water accounts within the District boundaries
- Management of the annual financial audit and preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District is dedicated to maintaining transparency throughout our budget development process, distinguishing ourselves by involving the public from the early stages.
Every year, we invite the Pueblo West community to engage in the initial phases of crafting the budget. This is a time when Metro District leaders share the proposed priorities for the upcoming year, gathering feedback and suggestions in open budget committee meetings.
While the early stages offer a vibrant platform for public input, please be aware that there will be a point where the committee meetings close for public commentary. However, there will be opportunities to learn more about the public involvement efforts as the process progresses.
Budget Development Timeline
- Summer: Initial budget committee meetings
- Fall: Draft budget development
- November & December: Public hearings and reviews
- December: Board adoption
By following this timeline, we ensure a structured and inclusive approach to budget development, fostering a community-driven process that respects and values the input of our local residents.
Every year, the Pueblo West Metropolitan District shares a detailed report on its financial activities, known as the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) or audit. This report helps ensure we are using our funds wisely and responsibly. It's a way for you to see how we manage the district's finances to build a stronger Pueblo West. Feel free to explore these reports to understand how we work to secure a bright future for our community.
Looking back at our past budgets can give you a clear picture of Pueblo West's growth and how we plan for the future. In this section, you'll find all our previous annual budgets, showing the decisions made to help our community flourish. We invite you to use this resource to understand better the steps taken each year to nurture and develop our district.
(Note: Budgets are a forecast for spending for the upcoming year. To review year-end audits, visit our Annual Comprehensive Financial Report page.