- Annual Events
- Jack Fowler Memorial Fourth of July Wet Parade
Jack Fowler Memorial Fourth of July Wet Parade
The Fourth of July 'Wet Parade' is back for 2023!
For the first time since 2019, the Pueblo West Metropolitan District is excited for the return of the Pueblo West Fourth of July Parade!
The Pueblo West Fourth of July Parade is a local tradition that attracts tens of thousands to Pueblo West for what has been dubbed "the largest public water fight west of the Mississippi River." The tradition dates back to 1993, when then-Pueblo West Fire Chief Jack Fowler got out a fire hose to spray down paradegoers at the annual Fourth of July Parade. The following year, when paradegoers were ready to fire back at the mischievous fire chief, an accidental tradition was born!
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of that first "spray heard 'round Pueblo West," the parade has been appropriately renamed "The Jack Fowler Memorial Fourth of July Parade" in his memory.
'Rules of Engagement' and safety protocols: a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
Safety is the top priority for the Jack Fowler Memorial Fourth of July Parade. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, the following rules of engagement have been established and will be adhered to during the parade.
In order to keep this long tradition alive and safe for everyone, these rules have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY and action to protect everyone will be in place. Both Pueblo County Sheriff Office deputies and security officers will be on hand to ensure these rules are followed. Failure to follow these rules will result in being asked to leave the parade route.
Permissible uses during the Wet Section:
- All types of water gun devices such as water pistols, super soakers and other homemade devices that do not require an external power source to operate.
- Sprayers, buckets or garden hoses that can be sprayed without power.
- High Power Pressure water sprayers.
- Water trucks with pressure producing capabilities.
- Large totes used to carry volumes of water that require a pump to expel the water through hoses.
- Any additives such as foaming agent, soaps or other chemicals.
- Water balloons.
Register a float for the parade
Float registration is $40 and the deadline to register is June 26. Fill out a float registration form (PDF) and a Waiver of Liability (PDF) and return the form to Pueblo West Parks and Recreation, 340 E. Hahns Peak Ave. (map). Both forms are required to have a float in the parade.