The Pueblo West Metropolitan District strives to support efforts to enhance the quality of work life, encourage productivity, strengthen job satisfaction, and support employee growth and development.
We seek to attract and retain quality employees to better serve the Pueblo West Metropolitan District.
Applicant Screening & Selection
- Applications are accepted for open positions. The Pueblo West Metropolitan District only accepts application submitted through our online application process. We no longer accept paper applications. Additionally, we only accept application and resumes for current openings.
- Access to internet to complete your application can be completed at your home, Pueblo West and Pueblo public libraries or at Pueblo Workforce Center (212 W. Third St., Pueblo, CO 81003).
- Applications must be filled out completely otherwise, your application may be rejected. Your completed application is the sole source used to determine if you are qualified to move forward in the hiring process. Applicants may be hired or not hired solely on the information provided on the application.
- Only applicants ranked highest on the eligible list will be contacted regarding an interview. You will generally be notified of your status in the selection process. If you are not chosen for an interview you will not be contacted.
- The Pueblo West Metropolitan District’s Human Resources Department, in conjunction with the hiring supervisor, screens applications based on established job-related criteria, and selects those candidates to be interviewed.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for more than one position, separate applications will be required to be submitted.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon job-related factors including, but not limited to:
- A thorough background investigation, including any criminal record
- Review of Division of Motor Vehicle record if driving for the District is required / needed.
- Appropriate drug testing
- Successful completion of a physical examination
- Testing of job related skills
- Verification of your former employment and references
If you are hired for any position, you will be required to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United State by the end of the first day of employment. Failure to prove such eligibility will void the offer of the employment.