Notice to Contractors & Excavators
NOTICE: ALL PUEBLO WEST CONTRACTORS & EXCAVATORS
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District requires contractors to do the following:
- All lots are required to be surveyed and property pins visible along with a final grade stake with address marked clearly. The meter pits are installed to the final grade elevations, if for any reason the elevations of the property are going to be changed, the water department needs to be notified before the meter is installed. If the grade is changed at a later time, the homeowner or contractor may be charged for relocating the meter pit. The PWMD water installation crew will pull off site if these requirements are not met at the time the service is to be put in.
- During the winter months when there is the possibility of freezing, the meter pit should Not be exposed for any length of time. If the pit is exposed, the contractor will be liable for any damage done to the meter. (This includes the lids being left off the meter pit!)
- The contractor or homeowner is responsible for the installation of the water line from the meter pit to the residence or building.
- For the Pueblo West Metropolitan District to get locates for installation, locate companies are requesting that the contractors post a sign with the house numbers. This will allow us to install the water service in a timely manner.
- Homeowners need to keep the meter pit accessible from landscaping, vehicles, and fencing at all times for reading and repair work.
- You must call the water/ wastewater department at, 547-3554, 24 hours in advance to schedule us to camera the sewer lateral before you connect to the stub. An inspection of the connection, after you have connected to the sewer, is also necessary. We need to check to make sure nothing is cracked or broken.
- Prior to ANY new construction, the excavator/contractor is responsible to expose the sewer stub and shoot grades to assure that the sewer line will make grade. The actual elevation of the sewer stub may differ from the cut sheet given to you. Location of the sewer stub can be found on the *sewer map distributed by the Water/ Wastewater Department, located at 20 W Palmer Lake Dr. The contractor is required to dig 10 feet in both directions to find and or expose the “Y” or Crows
Foot, or stub. The contractor must insure the stub does not exist before the District inspects and subsequently taps the sewer main. If there is an existing stub, the contractor will be required to hook up to that stub per District policy.
* THE PUEBLO WEST METROPOLITAN DISTRICT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE LOCATION OF ANY WATER AND/OR SEWER LINES ON THE MAPS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONTRACTOR TO ENSURE THE LOCATIONS OF SUCH LINES.
If a perimeter drain or sump pump is required for ground water problems, it MUST be connected to a drainage system per the District’s rules & regulations (ground water cannot be routed through the sanitary sewer line).
1.8.10: SURFACE AND SUBSURFACE WATER DIVIERSION
- In any structures erected on the property which is connected to the District Sewer System, if a sump for rain, surface or subsurface water or a subsurface, exterior drainage system is installed, a pump shall be installed and it shall be connected to a drainage system that shall discharge to atmosphere and it shall not be connected to the District’s sewage collection system.
- Should any property be found in violation of this regulation, the District may terminate water service to said property without notice. Water service shall not be renewed to the property until the violation is corrected. In addition, the District may charge a fee equal to the fee determined by paragraph 4.10.8 The Unauthorized Connection Fee plus all actual costs of the District for inspection, administration and legal fees to insure the correction of the violation and for any collection of any amounts due.