- Qualify for all benefits offered through the District.
- Not listed on fact sheet: Dependent Care Fund
- Employee Assistance Program
Benefit Package Information
For more information on our benefit programs that the Metropolitan District offers, please see our benefits package document.
- PTO (first year employees are eligible up to 120 hours)
- Unpaid Leave: up to 12 weeks provided under circumstances covered under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Military Family Leave Entitlements.
- Bereavement Leave
- PTO (first year employees are eligible up to 60 hours)
- Unpaid Leave: up to 12 weeks provided under circumstances covered under the FMLA (after working for the District for at least 12 months, 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months, AND work at a work site with at least 50 employees within 75 miles.
- Bereavement Leave
- Holiday Leave
Want to request time off?
- New Year’s Day – Monday, 1/3/2022
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday, 1/17/2022
- Presidents’ Day – Monday, 2/21/2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, 5/30/2022
- Independence Day Observed – Monday, 7/4/2022
- Colorado Day Observed – Monday, 8/1/2022
- Labor Day – Monday, 9/5/2022
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, 11/11/2022
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, 11/24/2022
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, 11/25/2022
- Christmas Eve – Friday, 12/23/2022
- Christmas Day Observed – Monday, 12/26/2022
- New Year’s Eve – Friday, 12/30/2022
- Firefighters will be credited with seven (7) personal days in lieu of observed holidays.
We want our employees to succeed and do their job to the best of their abilities and we know that stressors can impact this.
When stressors affect your mental health or your relationships at home, it can have detrimental effects. Because of this, the District offers a program that allows employees to speak with a counselor.
Employees are allowed up to 3 sessions per event/situation causing stressors on their mental health. This is completely confidential and attendance is not reported to the District.
Other facts about the program:
- You are allowed to bring your wife and children to your session if they are involved in the stressor that needs to be addressed.
- The program, in addition, offers assistance with finding resources that can help with circumstances interfering with your job (i.e. child care, etc.)
- Both part-time and full-time employees are entitled to this benefit.
Suicide Prevention Info
Suicide is a leading cause of death in the world with about 1 death every 40 seconds. Here at the District we value all of our employees’ wellbeing and their families and want to make sure we are doing everything to keep you safe.
If you or a loved one is considering suicide, please reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK(8255) or go to their website to start a live chat with one of their counselors.