New system to notify residents of emergencies, updates and community news
Sign up now for the Pueblo West Alerts notification system!
March 7, 2023
For immediate release
PUEBLO WEST, Colo. — In an effort to better inform the community, the Pueblo West Metropolitan District is launching “Pueblo West Alerts,” a text message and email system designed to send emergency updates, weather alerts, parks and recreation updates, community news, and more.
Residents can sign up by visiting https://www.pueblowestmetro.com/alerts. Residents can also send “PWMD” to 38276 to sign up for emergency alerts.
“There is an information vacuum in Pueblo West, and residents have told us they have a hard time getting information,” said Pueblo West Metropolitan District Chief Administrator Brian Caserta. “The Pueblo West Alerts system is an exciting new tool that allows the Metro District to let residents know what’s going on in their community.”
The Pueblo West Alerts system provides residents with emergency updates, which includes public safety alerts, weather alerts, and major road closures. Additionally, the tool will be used to communicate directly with residents in the unlikely event of a major emergency.
Location mapping is another feature of the system. If an alert would only impact your neighborhood but not Pueblo West as a whole, only you and your neighbors would receive it.
Residents can also sign up for non-emergency informational alerts:
- Cold weather hazards: Winter weather alerts, frozen pipe hazards, and more from the Pueblo West Water Department.
- Community events: Get alerts about upcoming community events and things to do in Pueblo West.
- Pueblo West News Updates: Did you know the Pueblo West Metro District regularly publishes news articles on the PuebloWestMetro.com website? Sign up to get alerted any time we publish new news.
- Parks and Recreation: Get alerts about upcoming parks and recreation programs, sign-up deadlines, special events, and more.
- Public Information: Subscribe to receive public notices, Board of Directors meeting agendas, and more.
- Road closures: If there’s a major road closure, or just a closure in your specific neighborhood, receive alerts that may impact your commute.
- Volunteer program: Sign up to receive news about available volunteer programs and opportunities.
- Weather alerts: Receive alerts about weather related hazards, advisories, tips and more.
Do you have questions about the Pueblo West Alerts system? Contact Brandi Blankenship, Community Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives Manager, at 719-251-8723.
About the Pueblo West Metropolitan District:
The Pueblo West Metropolitan District serves approximately 33,000 citizens living in a 50-square-mile unincorporated portion of Pueblo County located approximately eight miles west of the City of Pueblo. Unlike municipalities, Pueblo West is a special district that is authorized to provide five services to residents – limited covenant enforcement, fire protection, parks and recreation, public works, and water and wastewater utilities.
The District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors who are elected by registered voters consisting of Pueblo West residents and property owners.