Easements, Parcels & Rights-of-Way
A large number of easements were set aside for the installation of utilities, drainage and equestrian use. Easements for installation and maintenance of utilities and drainage facilities are reserved as shown on the recorded plat.
Within these easements, no structure, planting or other material shall be placed or permitted to remain which may:
- Change the direction and flow of drainage channels in the easements
- Damage or interfere with the installation and maintenance of utilities
- Obstruct or retard the flow of water through drainage channels in the easements
The easement area of each lot and all improvements in it shall be maintained continuously by the owner of the lot, except for those improvements for which the public authority or utility company is responsible.
Parcels were set aside for specific use by the District for uses benefiting the public. These uses included:
- Civic improvements
- Open space
- Parking in common
Vehicle access is limited in these areas to maintenance vehicles and is not for the use of or by property owners to access their properties or travel between dedicated rights-of-way. There are a very limited number of alleys within the District. They are in the B-4 zoned areas.
Each road within the district has a dedicated right-of-way, which is shown on the recorded plat. The width of each right-of-way varies with the classification of the street, from 50 feet to 110 feet. Within these rights-of-way no structure, planting or other material shall be placed or permitted to remain which:
- Impedes the line of site, or installation and maintenance of utilities
- May change the direction of flow of drainage channels in the right-of-way
- May damage or interfere with vehicle travel
- May obstruct or retard the flow of water through the drainage channels in the right-of-way
Excavation Permits are required for any excavation within the right-of-way by Resolution 1437. For further information regarding this, please contact the Pueblo West Engineering Department at 719-547-9801.