Commercial & Multi-Family
This process also applies to Industrial and Mixed-Use Projects
Permitting generally follows a set process. The forms and info you need are associated with each step in the process below.
Come prepared with knowledge to speed up the process.
May be required | Time Varies
"Declaration of Reservations" are a set of rules and regulations that the Committee of Architecture follows to provide for maintenance of a high standard of architecture and construction in such manner as to enhance the aesthetic properties and structural soundness of the developed subdivision.
- Declaration of Reservations
- County Codes
Resolutions are adopted by the Committee of Architecture in cases where there have been development improvements or improved construction applications such as solar panels, wind turbines. Resolutions are also a means in which the Committee of Architecture applies the way they interpret the Declaration of Reservations such as how they measure height of a structure. Resolutions are not a way that the Committee of Architecture can change the Declaration of Reservations, only a way that they can explain how they are applying the covenant restrictions.
- Application Fees due at the time of submittal of application to Committee of Architecture, Pueblo West Office.
- Permit Fees due at the time of submittal of permits to Pueblo Regional Building.
- Plan Review Fees for review proposal for Pueblo West Fire Department
- Other Permit application/fees from Public Works are due at the time of submittal to Committee of Architecture, Pueblo West Office.
- For Water Rates and Usage Charges, see pg. 1-2
For Water/Wastewater Fees/Charges, see pg. 3-4
- For information regarding Billing or Tap Fees contact our Pueblo West office on 109 Industrial Boulevard or call 719-547-5000
- For information regarding availability of service and service installations, contact our office at 20 West Palmer Lake Drive or call 719-547-3554
Meet with Committee of Architecture to determine project feasibility and identify roadblocks.
Required | About 3 Weeks
- Pre-Planning Conference Application - Please submit online
- PWMD Water and Sewer Use Questionnaire - Please submit online
*Note: Pre-Planning Conference Review MUST be printed and brought to the Pre-Planning Conference. Pre-Planning Conference Application and Use Questionnaire for Water/Sewer MUST be completed, to the extent possible, and submitted online together.
**Note: Once the applicant receives the water and/or sewer availability letter from the District, you'll have ten (10) business days from the date of the letter to return completed PWMD Water and Sewer Questionnaire (PDF) to:
PWMD, Water Utility Department
20 W. Palmer Lake Dr.
Pueblo West, CO 81007
Submit COMPLETED PWMD Water and Sewer Use Questionnaire online to be sent via email.
Required | Time Varies
- Building Permit Checklist (PDF) for Pueblo County Approval
- Solar PV Standard Checklist (PDF) for Pueblo Regional Approval
- Contractor Roofing Permit Application (PDF) - for Pueblo Regional Approval
- Commercial Industrial Buildings & Accessories (PDF)** - for Pueblo West Approval
- Multi-Family Residence (PDF)** - for Pueblo West Approval
- Variance Application (PDF) - for Pueblo West Approval
**Complete applications (Commercial Industrial Buildings & Accessories/Multi-Family Residence) must include:
- Plans may be submitted prior to, but no later than 4 p.m. on deadline days. Variance applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the meeting.
- 6 complete sets of construction, utility plans and specifications. The plans should match your site plan exactly and include all structures to be approved, including storage buildings, fences, etc. Building plans must have elevations of all sides of the home, and conform with the current UBC building code and the Pueblo West Declaration of Reservations Architectural guidelines and must consist of not less than the following:
- A plot/site plan with legal description and all dimensions of property; dimensions and location of structures to be located thereon; setbacks, side and rear clearances, street, easements, etc.
- Construction plans showing in detail all elevations, floor plans, type and dimensions of materials to be used, and exterior color samples.
- A Colorado Structural Engineer designed foundation plan. One Colorado stamped foundation plan and soil test must be on file before excavation begins.
- Landscaping plans should be as detailed as possible, and show how the land disturbed by construction will be reclaimed. A plan must be submitted and can be changed at a later date if you decide to do revisions. Applicants have one year from the date of approval to comply with approved landscape plan.
- Grading: If extensive grading is required to provide a building site for any structure, the applicant must submit a grading plan together with the other documents as outlined. Grading must be performed in a manner as to preclude excessive runoff or ponding of water from any source from one property to another, whether public or private. It is illegal to significantly alter the drainage from your property.
- Proof of ownership of the lot is required. Check with the title company for this item.
About Accessory Applications:- Improvements to your property with structures larger than 200 square feet, you may need to update your Driveway Access. To determine if you need a Driveway Access permit, please contact Streets & Roads for detailed information at 719-547-9801
- The values below are the required insulation and fenestration values per the 2015 building code. If you do not use ResCheck to calculate insulation values, the values below are the minimum requirements:
- Depending on the scope of your project, there are different parking requirements for Pueblo County.
- According to the Declaration of Reservations all signs, advertisements, billboard or advertising structures must be approved by the Committee of Architecture before erected or allowed to remain on any lot. Please review the Sign Guidelines (PDF) approved by the Committee before application is made. All proposed signs must be also approved by Pueblo County Planning and Development.
- Sign Application for Pueblo West Approval
- Sign Application for Pueblo County Approval
Pueblo West Metro District Public Works will review the engineering plans before applications are submitted to Committee of Architecture Plan Review.
Required | Time Varies
Required | Time Varies
County officials inspects work to ensure that the applicable codes are being followed and safety requirements are in place.
Required | Time Varies
Pueblo West Metro District Public Works will perform their own inspections on erosion control, storm water facility, roadways improvements, and access way improvements.